Monday, August 15, 2011

Major happy dance!!!

It's finished!!!  I finished the model that I've been working on for the last several months. 




Now I can send it back to Carla so she take pictures.  She's already published the chart and is offering it for $10.


Doctor notes


Mariah had her 7 month follow up on her hearing today.  The problem is definitely congenital and called otosclerosis.  One of the bones in her middle ear (and they can't tell which one at this point) does not move.  She has lost 20% hearing of the low frequencies in her left ear and 50% of all frequencies in her right ear.  There is a surgery that can be done to correct it, but one of the outcomes is a very real possibility that instead of correcting the problem she will be totally deaf.  Not a good option at this point in time.  We go back in January for another test and to fit her for a hearing aid in her right ear.  If the left ear stays the same, that's that.  If there is a change for the worse, they will fit her for the left ear also. 


Fitness stuff


I worked out with the personal trainer again this morning.  He made me do arm weights and dumbbells and then 30 minutes on the treadmill.  My arms are going to fall off!!  On a brighter note, I lost 2 lbs. last week.  Only 64 more to go by New Year's!!  He set me up with a really good workout routine and now I'm on my own until October.


Well, off to work on Mariah's coffee cup!


And how was YOUR day?

13 comments:

  1. Berly, your finish is just stunning!! I love this sampler. I will have to find out how to purchase this from Carla.

    I am sorry to hear of your daughter's hearing loss; I will pray for better results.

    Hey, two pounds is two pounds girl!!! Way to go!!! We will cheer you on as long as you need us too at ESC!! We are there to support each other.

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your finish, Berly... and for the weightloss! Way to go.

    What a bummer about Mariah's hearing. Hopefully, it doesn't get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, That is great, on the weight loss!!!! Sad about Mariah hearing, maybe it won't get worst! Love the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone! Sue, I'll need all the encouragement you want to give!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish of your model. I know you are happy dancing! I will keep Mariah in my thoughts. I hope they can figure something out for her. Congrats on the 2 lbs!! Keep it up girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Katie! I have a black velvet dress hanging in my closet. The last time I wore it was a month before I found out that I was pregnant with Mariah. I WANT TO WEAR IT OUT WITH MY HUSBAND ON NEW YEAR'S!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your Finish! It looks Great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finish!!!! It is beautiful!! Good luck on the weight loss...hopefully something can be done for your DD!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the finish. It is beautiful. I hope Mariah's hearing does not get worse. Good luck on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You stitched that up really nice - love the colours.

    ReplyDelete