Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Crocheting and stitching

I've been extremely productive & busy this past week. My sister, Janice, turned 42 today.  In celebration, Mariah & I spent yesterday making red velvet cupcakes.  I also crocheted her two scarves. 



I also crocheted a tutu water bottle carrier, pattern courtesy of Heidi Yates of Snappy Tots.


A friend and I are getting ready to open our own online shop to sell our handmade items.  Her niece is designing the website for us and it should be up & running soon!

I've also been doing quite a bit of cross stitching (surprise, surprise!). 


The top picture is my WIP on L&L's Enchanting Alphabet.  The bottom picture is a bib that I stitched for my cousin's new baby.  (I really need to get a new camera!) 

Mariah's birthday is coming up and she wants a cake.  Not just any cake, but one covered with 'girl bling'!  Shoes, purses, lipstick, etc.  I called a local bakery, and they wanted an arm & BOTH legs to make it.  So, Lynn & I are going to tackle 'painting' sugar molds to make the 'bling' & I'm going to make cupcakes.  We're having her party here at the house.  Hopefully, it will be a nice day & the kids can all go down to the splash pad at the park. 

Well, that's it for now.  I have several more crochet projects to make over the next week including a couple of birthday presents for a certain young lady.  She's going to be 10 and, as she keeps informing me, that makes her a tween!  God help us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment