Thanks, Katie!!! What does that mean you ask? Well, it means this:
Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved, and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
Ok, the bloggers that I am giving this award to are:
1. Vickie H from http://reading--stitching.blogspot.com/. Vickie is a teacher, a good friend, and a wonderful human being. I was lucky enough to spend a weekend at a stitching retreat with her. Her writings about her life with her hubby, pets, and students will keep you laughing!
2. Carol M. Boyer-Crosby from www.mdfiregal.blogspot.
com. Carol is a great stitcher, mom, very active in Boy Scouts, and all around great person.
3. Debra Scarborough of http://debra-allaboutme.blogspot.com/ Debra is not only a talented stitcher, but does some of the most beautiful beadwork I've ever seen.
4. thewindandthesail.blogspot.com Although she doesn't post a lot, this is one of my favorite creative blogs. I first found her on Pinterest where her thimble necklace was posted. Take a look!
5. Pam and Terri from http://mayhemandmagic2.blogspot.com/ This is a great blog! Whenever I need ideas for books to read I go here!
Ok, now for the hard part. 5 random facts about me that people don't know:
1. I love watching old mysteries and monster movies. Sherlock Holmes, Charlie Chan, Frankenstein, all the old black and whites are my favorites!
2. You all know that I'm working on my teaching degree and want to open a learning center for kids who fall between the cracks in public school. But what you don't know is that on the weekends, that learning center will be a stitching retreat where my stitching buddies can come and have a lovely weekend for not so many bucks!
3. When I was a kid, my dad programmed computers when a computer took up an entire room. We moved all over the eastern half of the country and by the time I was in 9th grade I had been in 9 different schools!
4. My favorite snack is sweet bbq chipotle chips from GFS. They're only $3 for a huge bag and I just love them!
5. I love to cook (no surprise there), but I love to incorporate veggies into dishes that no one knows about! And after trying them, they still don't know about them!
Ok, check out all the blogs I've awarded the Lieber award to and enjoy meeting some new friends!