Friday, March 18, 2011

Wonderful Day!


Yesterday was a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!  First, yesterday was my last day at Moraine Valley Community College.  Mariah is on spring break next week and it just isn't practical to take my $135 paycheck and put $60 in the gas tank & pay $50 for a babysitter so I can drive an hour & a half to go to work 2 days.  So, I'm taking next week off and then Office Team is going to find me something closer after that.  I'm still hoping to get hired at Family Video, but it's not looking like I will.  Anyway, just as I was getting ready to leave work yesterday, everyone came out and gave me a beautiful bouquet of tulips, a calculator from MVCC, a pen, a $100 Kohl's gift card and a card that everyone wrote in.   I was blown away.  They made me cry!  I can't imagine what it would have been like if I had been an actual employee instead of just a temp.  I really liked working there, it was just too far.

Then I came home and went to the library for my one-stroke painting class.  Last night we made shamrocks.  I like shamrocks.  They were lots of fun!  We made a picture and then painted a shamrock on top of a tin can. 




As far as stitching goes, I've almost got the model for Flowers-2-Flowers done.  I should be able to mail it back by Monday.  Then I need to stitch my shirt for the Hoosiers Stitchers retreat next month.  Then I have 1 more model to stitch and back to my Crazy 15 project SAL! 

I finished listening to Janet Evanovich's 'Sizzling Sixteen'.  Now I'm listening to 'The Queen of Babble in the Big City'.  It's pretty good!  I gave up on the Murder Room.  I just couldn't get into it.  I'm reading 'Aunt Dimity Digs In' instead. 

So, how was everyone else's St. Patrick's day?

3 comments:

  1. Your painting is really good. I think you found another creative craft you have the talent for. Best of luck finding another job. Have patience. It's out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Penny! Oh, I'm not worried about the job. Office Team is really good about finding me assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a good St Patricks Day, too. Work was good -- actually got everything done for the week at J1. Spent some time after work with a friend. And here it is today, lol.

    What a nice thing the college coworkers did for you. Very touching, indeed!

    I hope you find something closer soon.

    ReplyDelete