Sunday, January 15, 2012

Another finish

I've had a very busy week.  I got to work an entire 11.75 hours!  I wish that they would either decide to hire me full time or tell me that they're going to hire someone else and get it done.  Most days I drive 1 hour to get there, work 2 hours, then drive 1 hour to get home.  Oh, well, at least it's work.

So far this year I've finished 4 items.  The 4th one I started this morning and finished a little bit ago.  I took several pictures and they all came out blurry.  Sorry!  It's an ornament from the 2011 JCS ornament issue.  It's actually the first one in the book.  I'm going to do at least one a month this year, but I haven't decided if they're going on our tree or will be gifts for someone else.



I'm working on a SAL with Karen of Sunshine Stitches designing a house every month this year.  Here's my progress on the January house.



I'm also doing a UFO challenge and right now the UFO I'm working on is 'Coffee Angel'.  I got another section of 10 stitches done all the way across this week.


I have one more week of school left.  Finals are next week. Then I graduate with my AA in Elementary Education.  I have a break until April 10 so I'm going to use that time to organize and get rid of a lot of things that we don't need.

I've also put out an ad for tutoring and homeschooling.  I've already had one parent contact me so hopefully I'll get a couple of students and can quit Office Team.

Well, till next time - how was YOUR week?

6 comments:

  1. Your stitching is beautiful. I found to avoid blurriness in the picture, is to stand 3-5 feet away and use the zoom to get a closer look. Meari might be able to tell you more. Good luck with the tutoring. I hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start for 2012 Berly. Looking forward to seeing your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had a great stitching year already! Your stitching looks fantastic even though it's blurry haha. I bet you will be glad to have a break from studying.

    Good luck finding the job you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your finishes, Berly. The coffee piece looks good. Want to join the SAL I'm in with Shelley, Pam, and Mary Ann?

    Congrats on being so close to getting your AA!! That's got to be so exciting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been very busy with your needle Berly! Everything is looking great!

    ReplyDelete