Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend update

Wow, it was a long weekend!  Mariah & I had great plans for Saturday.  We were going to go to the big farmer's market in Kankakee.  It's right across from the library so of course we were then going to go to the library for awhile. Then we were going to do a little shopping and then go to the park and have a picnic.  You know what they say - want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans!

I woke Mariah up at 8am and she looked at me and said - just a few more hours, Mom!  I laughed and let her go back to sleep for awhile.  About a half hour later she wandered out into the livingroom.  She said she wanted 'squares' (which, for those who don't speak Mariah is Quaker Oatmeal Squares - she claims they help her focus and must have a bowl, dry, next to her while she's doing homework too).  I was in the kitchen and started fixing it and telling her to get dressed and ready.  She went back in the bedroom while I fixed her cereal and milk.  She came back out and said that her sheets and floor were all yucky.  I went to see what she was talking about and while she was pointing to the spot on the floor and the sheets I saw the vomit all down her back.  Yuck!  End of plans!  Rich had left at 5am for a scrap job and by the time he got home the farmer's market & library were both closed.  Oh well, there's always next week!  Mariah's better and that's all that counts.

I got some stitching done this week.  My Chubby Frankenstein Nutcracker is about half done.  I think 1 more round of threads will do it!


I also started on a ruffled hooded cape for myself.  I'm using the same yarn that I used for the fall scarf I made.  It's almost like suede and very soft.  I'm hoping to have it done by the end of October (or maybe sooner!) so I may not get to wear it this year.



Well, that was my weekend.  And how was YOURS?

1 comment:

  1. "she claims they help her focus and must have a bowl, dry, next to her while she's doing homework" I got a chuckle out of this... Just goes to show you that TV commercials do work.

    I'm glad she's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete