Saturday, July 9, 2011

Much needed update!

Wow, I can't believe it's been over 2 months since I put an update here.  So much has happened!!  Lots of thunderstorms and flooding.  At one point, our backyard was a lake.  The farmer's field down the road was so flooded that if you didn't live around here, you'd think it really WAS a lake.  It even had a family of ducks for a few days!  There were casualties, though.  Mariah had been watching the tree on the other side of our courtyard.  There was a nest with eggs in it in the tree.  The evening after the babies hatched, we had a monsoon.  This was the result:


Mariah took the picture herself after she cried for several hours.

Most of my time has been taken up with school.  Algebra II was really tough and it really came down to the wire whether or not I was going to pass.  I got my final grades this morning and passed it with a 77.44%!!  I also got a 96% in my Intro to the Exceptional Learner class.  Woo hoo!!!  This semester I have Biology and Teaching as a Profession.  Much better!

I've gotten several crocheting projects done, including wristlets and a matching scarf for Mariah for her birthday. 



Speaking of Mariah's birthday, she turned 8 on June 17.  She wanted an aquarium cake, but since I was in the middle of algebra class, I didn't have time to do the serious decorating.  So, instead, I did an abstract aquarium.  She loved it!



We had a new addition to our family.  My brother, Kevin, and his wife, Teresa, had a beautiful baby girl, Emilia.  We're all very happy, although Mariah, Rich & I still have not been able to go and see her. 

I participated in a St. Baldrick's event.  It was a fundraiser for a local 10 yr old boy with a rare brain tumor.  Here I am getting my head shaved:


And, here, is the result:



It is so much cooler for the summer that I'm considering doing it every year!  It's already grown long enough that I can hold onto a piece of hair.

I'm still working on Carla's model, although I'm almost on the last 2 pages.  That will happen tonight.  I finished all the projects for our ILCS RR and got mine back home.  Everybody did a wonderful job, thank you!!  I have managed to get 2 more projects of my 15 project Crazy SAL partially finished.  Unfortunately, for both of them I need to order some ribbon floss so it'll have to wait a couple more weeks.  But, here are pics of what I've gotten done so far:





I think that's about it for now. 

And how was YOUR last 2 months??

4 comments:

  1. Those poor baby birdies. :(

    The matching wristlets and scarf look adorable, as does your stitching.

    Another semester down, wooh hoo! I'll be done with mine in 2 more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 6 more classes and I'll have my Associates degree. I want to apply to U of NE for my Bachelors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely update Berly - as you know, Bridie turned eight on 19th June - and did her First Communion on 18th June - busy, busy, busy!! Not stitching as much as I'd like, but it will wait for me :) Having Bridie's birthday party for her friends in a couple of weeks - with two of mine doing A levels and GCSE's (exams at end of Year 13 and 11 respectively) it's really not been possible before then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the girls are getting so big! Yes, stitching will wait. I've been stitching while I'm sitting in front of the computer reading my digital textbooks!

    ReplyDelete