Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wow, what a night!

Last night's storm was a doozy!  Thank God that no one I know was hurt, killed or had severe damage from the storm.  This is how it looked at 2:45 yesterday afternoon outside our house.



This is 2 hours later.



This was our front door at 8:15 last night.

And this is what we woke up to this morning.




That's a lot of snow!  I'm just hoping that we can get out tomorrow morning for me to go to work.

2011 Reading Challenge

I finished 2 more books this week.  The first was a book on my Kindle on PC at work.  It was written by Lori Copeland and titled 'Unwrapping Christmas'.  For those of you who are like me and try to do EVERYTHING for Christmas (bake, cook, decorate, make gifts, volunteer, etc, etc, etc) and who don't know how to say NO to anyone - READ THIS BOOK BEFORE THANKSGIVING!!!  It is awesome and really makes you stop and think.

The 2nd book was Jennifer Chiaverini's 'Cross Country Quilters'.  What can I say, I'm really loving this series!  Now I'm listening to 'Runaway Quilt' in the car, the next book in the series.

Stitching. 

No finishes so far this week, but I got a lot done on Judith's ornament for our RR. 


I'm hoping to finish it today, although there's still a LOT to do on it!  I have a model coming for me to stitch and I want to get this, the January/February Mill Hill Seasonal Window and my Valentine's exchange gift done by the 12th.  There's gonna be a lot of smoking needles here!

And how did everyone else do this week??

3 comments:

  1. Your ornament looks great! I also enjoy Jennifer Chiaverini's books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got the same storm. And I had to drive in it. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same snow. I had 4ft drifts in my driveway. Luckily, my employer made us all go home at 3pm on Tuesday and closed the office on Wed. Not that I would've gone in anyway!

    Your stitching looks great. Cute ornie.

    ReplyDelete