Sunday, January 12, 2014

My first UFO finish for 2014

One of my goals for 2014 is to finish 10 UFOs from my UFO box.  This is the first one.  It is Mary's Sampler version 1 from Plum Street Samplers and done as a SAL.  It is the story of Mary's part in Jesus' birth and along with the sampler, the designer posted the Bible verses done very nicely.  http://www.plumstreetsamplers.typepad.com/plum_street_samplers/page/2/

 I was doing well on this, finishing each section within a couple of days of release, until the last section was released.  On Version 1, it is the border.  It took quite awhile to get it done.  Version 2 is not only the border, but 2 additional parts that need to be stitched.  

The finishing will be to frame this on top of a 3 ring binder covered with Christmas fabric in coordinating colors.  I will then print out the Bible verse pages that go with it, basically telling the story of Jesus' birth, and place them inside the binder in page protectors.  This will be a Christmas gift for a loved one this year.  I've now killed 3 birds with 1 stone - 
  1. 1 of my 10 UFOs finished for the year
  2. My first Christmas gift almost finished
  3. Entirely done from my stash - no items were purchased to make this project.


How are YOUR goals coming along for this year??

2 comments:

  1. Great job on all 3 things. Congrats on the finish. I'm trying to keep with my goals. I set loose ones..make progress...so I guess I'm doing good haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Berly really nice finish, will be looking forward to seeing your other UFO's finished.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete